Posted by Judy Moon
A few weeks back I posted “What To Do When You Get Kicked In The Pants“, a post about a detox I discovered that was much needed after over indulging for a weekend celebrating dear friends wedding day. It was a weekend of laughing , eating amazing food and maybe indulging in one too many cocktail and slider. So I tried this secret detox drink.
Here’s what I noticed:
- Within one day my digestion shifted.
- I had started to feel a little “refluxey” , not sure if that’s a word, but you get the picture, and within a day, those symptoms vanished
- Within a few days, I was used to the taste. I actually grew to like it. The stevia helped for sure!
- I felt more energized
- My appetite shifted- I was less hungry between meals and more satisfied when I ate.
- I felt like I craved less junky foods and my salads started to look like old friends again.
- I felt less bloated
- At the end of the 2 weeks I had dropped a few pounds.
I made all three servings of the fresh lemon juice, Braggs Apple Cider, cinnamon, cayenne and a little stevia with some water in quart jar for the day each day.
I typically drink water with lemon first thing in the morning, but now I have shifted to this lovely concoction and I have to say I really love it. I love ritual in my life and there is something that feels good about starting my day this way.
I will definitely add this to my arsenal of secret weapons to reboot myself when I have a little too much fun. And with the holidays right around the corner…enough said.